History of St. Catherine of Alexandria School

St. Catherine of Alexandria school was opened in 1954 to serve the growing needs of its parish school children. The original buildings were built by the parish men while the women painted and did most of the inside finishing work. Nuns of the teaching order, The Sisters of St. Francis of Clinton, Iowa, were brought in and within two years the enrollment soared passed 500 (with more than 80 in the second grade!). Our current Campus Minister, Sr. Joan Holland, continues our link to the original ministry of the Sisters of St. Francis.

In 1979 the library wing was added. In 1998 the current administration and kindergarten building was completed (with substantial donations from our community) and our science lab was completely overhauled and modernized into a full lab facility (again, with a substantial grant from our families). In recent years, we added a complete instrumental music program and a full Kindergarten Readiness program.