History of Queen of Angels

A little more than 50 years ago, Queen of Angels Church began as a small parish called the Catholic Church of La Sierra. It was centered in Riverside not far from its present location. Fewer than 50 families called it their parish, but even then the leaders had visions of bigger and better things. With the help of the community and those few parishioners, funds were raised to build a new church in 1955.

Today Masses are celebrated for more than 2,100 registered families. Queen of Angels Church celebrated its 50th Jubilee in 1999 with Bishop Gerald Barnes officiating. Parishioners now look forward to building a still larger church to accommodate the needs of its community, which continues to grow in love, dedication and service to Our Lord.