History of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Founded by the Claretian Missionary Fathers in 1905 as Our Lady of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Rancho Cucamonga, began as a mission of San Gabriel. It was renamed in 1921 after the first church, which currently serves as a parish hall, was built in 1915 through a generous donation of Dr. Daisy and (the late) Leon Lucas. A second church, in which parishioners worship today, was erected in 1950.

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel has had 25 priests over the years. With 25 years as pastor, Fr. Alfonso Cerezo had served the longest. Currently parishioners of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel are grateful for their pastor, Fr. Francisco Caballero, who brings life to the community.

In September 2000, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel celebrated its 50th anniversary with Bishop Gerald Barnes concelebrating with Fr. Caballero for the occasion.